Friday, April 23, 2010

It's a Wrap!

This week has been fun but busy along the way. At our university, we had Greek Week, which is a time for all the members of the Greek community, to compete in different events against each other. Order of Omega (which I am now a part of) hosts this event and the winning fraternity and sorority each get $200. Some of these events were: a hot dog eating contest, corn hole, sand volleyball tournament, obstacle course, karaoke contest, art contest and dodgeball. It is SUPPOSED to be a friendly competition but some frats and sororities make it into something different. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and many people would agree with me. It is also a big weekend for my university as we have something called Muskiepalooza. The college has different foods, games and things to make on the quad that are really exciting and different. This year, we will be having Flogging Molly perform which should be a good time. I just hope the rain holds off and it can warm up a bit.
Along with this fun-filled week and weekend, comes time for school to end and finals right around the corner. Luckily, I only have to worry about one final but it's the thought of being a senior so soon and watching my friends and boyfriend graduate that makes me sad. My freshman year, I had a lot of fun and never wanted to graduate. However, as time has passed, I've been looking forward to the end. Now that I think about it, I wish I would have joined my sorority sooner because I will only have one more year left of doing all of the activities we do and bonding with my sisters. Just the thought of applying for big kid jobs no longer sounds appealing to me. I am going to miss my boyfriend a lot. I met him my freshman year and we started hanging out a lot my sophomore year and finally dated then. I can always go to his house if I want to get out of mine and simply hang out with him, which is something I won't be able to do much of next year. It scares me to think about where we might end up and I hope it's together. I guess only time will tell. On a brighter note, only a few more weeks until summer :)

Just a random thought, I was looking at the title of my blog site and realized this entire time I have been blogging it has mostly been about my life in the present. Maybe next time, I'll include some funny stories from my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment