Friday, April 2, 2010

Busy Schedule to Spoiled Kids

Another month down for school and technically only one more to go, not that I'm counting or anything. It's been such a crazy year and now it's just gotten really busy. While I'm looking forward for school to be over with, I am dreading the start of April. Being the social chair for my sorority is very time consuming I am beginning to find out. Planning all the parties and where to have them, what to bring, making sure all of the dates work for everyone, etc., is pretty hectic. Hopefully though, it will all work out. I recently realized I would be busy until the end of June. I have classes and finals that run into the first week of May, my boyfriend's graduation, Mother's Day and then I start classes for May Term. My two teachers for my classes during May have agreed to work with me during the last week because I was chosen to be a Muskie Preview Orientaion leader to welcome the incoming freshmen during those same dates. This program runs from May 31st to June 10th. It's something I've wanted to do though, so I'm looking forward to it. I am especially excited for the end of June because I will be going down south to Alabama for vacation! This will be the first time since I have gone to the beach since I was five years old and I cannot wait!
I've been thinking lately and I know money does not solve all problems, but it sure would help in some cases. I've worked every since I was allowed to and have always held a job. I've always been on the Honor Roll (for high school) and the Dean's List (for college). I've participated in sports since I was in 6th grade and have always done quite well in them. I'm a pretty busy girl and I don't complain..for the most part. Today's an exception I guess. I grew up with four sisters and my single mother did an amazing job raising us on her own. We've all had to work hard, like many other people in the world. I guess the thing that bothers me is the way some kids are today. I do not care much for the spoiled kids that get everything handed to them. I see 16 year olds getting brand new cars right when they get their license. I am 21 years old and do not own my own car. I desperately need a car and hate to ask people to borrow theirs (which is something I have to do on a daily basis). I am an education major and need a vehicle to drive to schools to be able to complete field experiences for my classes. I am very appreciative when my boyfriend and roommate let me use their car, I just think it annoys them sometimes when I am constantly borrowing it. I don't even want a brand new car. I'm also having trouble with my cell phone, computer and Ipod. I've bought all of these items myself (with the exception of the Ipod) and none of them seem to be working properly now. Sometimes I just can't catch a break :( . I always remind myself though that there are some people who have it worse than me. I do not have the money to get a car or any of these items fixed. There is one other major problem that I have that bothers me everyday of my life (no exaggeration). Honestly though, I do not want to even mention it because it is very embarrassing to me. I did not intend to have this blog turn into a pity party so I apologize if anyone is reading this. On the bright side, the weather has been beautiful in Ohio and summer is creeping up on us. I hope everyone has a great Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment