Monday, April 19, 2010

Responsibility: When Can College Students Actually Act their Age?

So this past weekend, my sorority had a lot of events going on that I was in charge of.One of the best events we have, in which the whole club is able to have a good time is our formal. The other social chair and I had rented out a nice place and decorated it. Being a new member, we had to create a poster for a senior that included pictures, to be hung at this place. My big is a senior so I created hers. She however failed to give me pictures until I went to her house the day off formal and took some from her. Earlier that day, I had a nutrition seminar to go to because I am an education major and this is required of us. After that I went and decorated for formal. Needless to say, I was 2 hours late to my own formal, mainly because of this poster.
I was upset about being that late for my formal but thought it would be ok because I still had two hours left of it. Little did I know, that thought was completely wrong! As my boyfriend and I walked inside, he said he had to use the bathroom. So after setting down these dreaded posters, I showed him where it was. As we were waiting in line, the owner and the other social chair came running upstairs and he showed her something, which prompted her to be upset. Turns out, three men (or should I say children) that came as dates, either peed on people outside or someone saw them do it. Either way it was disgusting and resulted in us getting kicked out of the whole building. I was only at this event that I planned and decorated for maybe 5 minutes. Don't worry though, I got to clean up after everyone when it was over. To say the least, I was really upset and mad because I missed my first formal and did not get a single picture of friends or of the banquet hall.
I guess the question that comes to my mind, is why would someone do that? Do we really have to hold their hands to go to the bathroom? I just thought it was ridiculous. Here are three grown men, about ready to graduate COLLEGE and they are doing this? If they can't control themselves as the drink alcohol, then they should probably stop. It was embarrassing to everyone because we got kicked out for that reason and another reason which I will refrain from talking about. When are people going to start acting their age and be responsible? Who would think that is ok to do that? I hope these three ignorant children know they ruined many people's formal, whether it be their first or last one. It is supposed to be a fun time but it got cut short because men could not control themselves. I know one thing is for sure, they are not invited back to any of our club's events. Their dates (which are in my sorority) need to be aware of who they bring because they are responsible for them. So yes, they may also have to pay a price if this happens again with someone else they bring. These people have a lot of growing up to do. It's just sad that stuff like this still happens in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment